Is It Supposed To Be Gritty?
Well, hello guys!
I have been tagged quite a few times to do this little survey, so here it goes!
Four TV Shows I Watch
I don’t really watch TV, we don’t have cable! This is the only show I watch.
1. The Biggest Loser
Four Things I’m Passionate About
1. Creating recipes!
2. Health, Nutrition, Exercise
4. My family
Four Words/Phrases I Use Too Much
1. “That’s so cute!”
2. “Oh my goodness!”
3. “Are you fo’ real?”
4. “Hey hey!”
Four Places I’d Like To Go
1. Washington D.C. (I only went once, for a day, I’d like to go see all the museums!)
2. Europe. Travel around. See the cultures, history, artifacts, and, of course, eat the food!
3. Universal Studios Harry Potter Wizarding World
4. Whole Foods (there’s one 45 minutes away from me and I still haven’t gone!)
Four Things I Did Yesterday
1. Made a beautiful parfait for breakfast.
2. Made coconut butter in our Vitamix!! It was a piece of work, but so worth it! It wouldn’t get very smooth, it’s very gritty? Is all coconut butter that way?
3. Finally shelled out the moo-lah for some chia!
Brownie Overnight Oats:
– 1/3 cup oats
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
– 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
– 1/2 t. vanilla extract
– 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
Mix in bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight! Although, it tasted delicious, just like brownie batter, I was actually a bit disappointed. It was very very drippy, not like oatmeal should be at all! Any tips for making thick and voluminous overnight oats with chia seeds?
Four Things I’m Craving
2. Banana soft serve
3. Doughy bread!
I made a loaf of bread on Sunday using my favorite recipe, as per usual. I accidentally let it rise waaaay too long and so it collapsed! I didn’t want to let it rise again (it was at about 9pm) so I baked the collapsed loaf anyway. The result?
Thick, doughy, cake-like bread. I almost like it better this way, I might just start collapsing all my loaves!
4. Sauteed vegetables
Four Things I’ve Learned From The Past
1.Don’t compare yourself to others.
2. You’re beautiful just the way you are.
3. Sweet potatoes and coconut butter are BOMB!
4. Never go rollerskating down a steep hill with a skirt on….I still have the scars.
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To
2. Having a family of my own!
4. Being DONE with school!
Four Things I Love About Winter
1. Spending it in Florida where it’s not FREEZING cold
3. Christmas Lights
4. Fuzzy warm purple socks
I’m supposed to pass it on to 4 people, but I think everyone has done it! Haha, I bet I’m the last one! If you haven’t done it and want to, please do so!
Did anybody else go to a Martin Luther King Jr. Parade yesterday? Our city does one every year and we had never been.
It wasn’t anything all too special, just your average hometown parade. Lots of schools and churches had floats with MLK’s face on them.
I got to see my friend playing in her school’s marching band. Even though I was screaming her name:
“EMILYYYYY!!! HEY EMILYYY!! OVER HERE!”
She still couldn’t hear me. And I didn’t even manage to get a photo of her. She’s right behind the guy with the big trumpet-thing. Euphonium?
Except I made them 100% Whole Wheat. I hate using AP flour, but I was a little worried that using only Whole Wheat would affect the outcome, it didn’t!
I also used oat flour for the wheat bran and canola oil for the olive oil. Olive oil in breads just is not good for me, I like canola since it’s milder in taste.
First off, the hardest part about making them is shaping them into the disks, but really, it wasn’t too hard at all!
Will I make them again? Maybe. The taste was a little iffy, I like my doughy homemade whole wheat bread lots better! But these are definitely very tasty and perfect for sandwiches!
Have you made homemade coconut butter, was it gritty?
How do you use your chia seeds, I need ideas!