2011, Here I come!
It’s the first day of 2011! Yipee! It’s also 1/1/11, that won’t happen for another 1,00o years, it’s a lucky day today!
I love making goals for myself, so here are
My Goals For 2011
- Love myself. Especially this past year, I’m always comparing myself to others and it needs to stop. This year I hope to realize just how special I am for being me. I really need to work on loving my body and having a positive self image. I hope to be more confident. I’ve always had this image in my mind of who I want to be when I turn 16. And the time is drawing nearer and nearer and I want to be sure I’m the confident, happy girl I’ve always wanted to be.
- Exercise and build muscle. This last month I have been slacking….big time. Muscle burns fat and I’ve gained a few “Christmas” pounds I’d like to burn! I also have been neglecting my poor dog and not taking him on walks as much as I used to. This too shall change.
- Get an A in Algebra 2. I got a B in both Algebra 1 and Geometry, and so I’m going to try really hard to get an A in my math class this year!
- Improve photography. When I was 6, I got my first camera, a pink Barbie one, to be exact. I loved it so much and took photos of everything! I still have an obsession with photography and I hope to take more photos of my family and not just my food! I also want to enter some online photo challenges to get me out of my comfort zone and drive me to try new things.
- Get a job. When I turn 16, I think I should get a job. I don’t really know where, but I’d love to start saving money for college, a car…
- Organize recipes. Whenever I see a recipe I like on one of your blogs I immediately print it out and add it to this huge binder I have. It’s stuffed to the brim (literally) with recipes and I need to sort them all out!
- Avoid sugar and butter. I love to bake, but this year I’m going to avoid baking with sugar and butter at all costs. Instead I’ll use natural sweeteners like bananas, dates and applesauce and instead of butter I’ll use pumpkin, yogurt or almond butter.
- Eat more veggies. I always seem to eat enough fruit but never enough vegetables. Mostly, I’m scared of eating vegetables that aren’t organic and my parents are trying to save money so we’re not buying organic stuff right now. Soo…I guess I need to eat the Clean Fifteen vegetables, the ones that are less effected by pesticides.
- Redecorate my room. My parents bought me a new comforter and bed set for Christmas and it’s so beautiful. I’m going to repaint my room, get a new bed frame and clean things out. Yesterday I spent all day taking everything out of my closet! Who knew there was so much stuff in there!
This year I’m going to be more active, eat healthier, explore my hobbies and have fun!